Mr Andrew Yelland
Mr Yelland is a highly experienced surgeon who has spent literally decades studying the art and science of cosmetic surgery.
Mr Yelland received his MB BS from the University of London (St. George's Hospital) in 1986, and trained in the highly regarded breast reconstructive units of St. George's Hospital, The Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford and Royal Marsden Hospitals in London and Sutton.
Pursuing his interest in cosmetic surgery and breast reconstruction, Mr Yelland traveled to Atlanta, Georgia in the USA to study at Emory University, whose Plastic and Reconstructive Unit is known for its pioneering efforts in breast reconstruction and new endoscopic plastic surgical techniques.
Mr Yelland was appointed as Lead Consultant in Breast Surgery at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust in 1996 and remained with the trust until 2012. During this time he further developed his interest in cosmetic and related onco-plastic procedures.
Master of Surgery Degree
He spent 1990 - 1991 at St. George's Hospital Medical School and Charing Cross Hospital Medical School investigating the role of growth factors in breast cancer. As a result of this work he was awarded a Master of Surgery degree from the University of London.
In 1991 he became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and in 2001 a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Consultant in Breast Onco-Plastic Surgery
Today Mr Yelland is a full-time Consultant Breast Onco-plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon and his practice covers Brighton and the South East of England.
- Royal Society of Medicine (Plastic Surgery, Surgery, Oncology) link
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England link
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg link
- British Medical Association link
- British Association of Surgical Oncology link
- Hospital Consultants & Specialists Association link
- Brighton & Sussex Medico-Chirurgical Society link
- British Association of Sclerotherapists link
- Association of Breast Surgeons link
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery link
- European Academy of Cosmetic Surgery link
- European Society of Surgical Oncology link
Ongoing professional development
As a surgeon and a scientist, Mr Yelland continues to explore new technologies and share insights and experience with his colleagues through educational workshops, courses and meetings. Examples of these efforts include:
- Advanced Course in Breast Reconstruction
- Management of Breast Disease Course
- Fundamental Techniques in Breast Reconstruction
- State of the Art Surgery for Breast Specialists
- Breast Augmentation Workshop
- International Masterclass in Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- Tumescent Liposuction Course
- Millennium Masterclass in Breast Reconstruction
- Surgical Workshop in Breast Reduction
- Botox Study Workshop
- Masters Meeting (Cosmetic Surgery)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (Annual Meeting)
- Inter-professional Masterclass for Breast Reconstruction
- Global Breast Cancer Summit
- Masterclass - Current Trends in Breast Reconstruction
- Aesthetic Surgery of the breast & trunk
- What's new in oncoplastic breast surgery
- Sentinel Node Biopsy Training Course
- Advanced Plastic Surgery of the Breast
- Aesthetic Surgery of the Breast: Safe Surgical Approach
- British Association of Sclerotherapy